If I get elected with your help and support, then I will
(1) end housing crisis and restart section 8 or similar programs and construct affordable housing complex by the NYC Employees, so there will be more Union Jobs. And I will never allow private developers. Furthermore, we will reduce the AMI requirements, so that low income families will remain in our neighborhood.
(2) provide free MTA so that elder, parents with kids, and disable people can go to the subway platforms with the use of elevators.
(3) create senior housing complex within each neighborhood, so our well experienced loved ones will always be in the neighborhood and their voting power will remain active for the communities.
(4) be donating 50% of my council salaries (which is about $74,000) to the local charities, such as churches, temples, mosques, food pantries, etc
SULTAN is an immigrant from Bangladesh.
While having various positions in
· BMCC Lions Club (President),
· UNA Queens (President),
· Phi Theta Kappa (VP),
· Sailing club (Dockmaster, Instructor, Race Committee Chair),
and completing 2-master degrees in
· MS in Business Management & Leadership
· MS in Human Resource Management,
he focused on global issues, such as,
· Climate change,
· Women’s Right,
· Antiwar, Poverty,
· Human Rights issues,
· UN Funds, etc.
But, after engaging HOPE Homeless survey, he soon realized that there was homelessness crisis in NYC. So, he started to advocate for tenants’ rights personally and politically.
Professionally, he was
an IT Director
a Federal employee in Census
a Federal employee in U.S. Small Business Administration.
Please Vote, Donate and Volunteer in his campaign.
Please VOTE SULTAN MARUF
ROHINGYA REFUGEE CRISIS AT THE UN HEADQUARTER
After hosting UN Day event regarding Rohingya Refugee Crisis issue at the UN Headquarters (Nov 22, 2016) :
UNHCR started their operations in Bangladesh within few months
Bangladesh government reversed previous positions and started to accept refugees
More than 600,000 Rohingya Refugees were saved
Heartfelt Gratitude to the United Nations Headquarters; Special Thanks to our keynote speakers - The Honorable John Solecki Senior Policy Advisor at Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
3605 29TH STREET, APT E9, ASTORIA, NY 11106
3476882050 (Call 6pm-9pm) Text Prefer
Please, Like our Facebook page for updated contents
Facebook is the best place to get updated information about our campaign and policies.
Please, Follow and Like us on Twitter
Daily issues are being displayed in social media...
CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT 26
South-West Astoria, Long Island City, Woodside & Sunnyside